12.14.2011

My major ROCKS!!!

It's truly amazing to see people with your same passion, knowledge, and ability to be doing well! After taking my Senior Seminar class, this pass Fall semester, I met a lot of great business women. That literally mirrored their audience. I.E. sitting in the same classrooms rooms as me, stressing over the same finals as me, and taking advice from the same professors as me. A great majority of the speakers were alumna of Sam Houston State University's Fashion Merchandising Program. I can't even describe how exciting the feeling was to actually hear someone speak, and share their life experiences. Knowing you'll have to take the same avenues, or roads similar. The speakers ranged from Business Owners to Buyers, to High School teachers. But the one person that didn't speak out, is the person I'm most impressed with. As you may/may not know, owning your own business can be very stressful, complicated, yet rewarding sometimes. Depending on circumstances and knowledge for your goods/service. Her name is Gina Garza, part owner of the Haute Boutique in Huntsville,TX. Now I do not know to much about Ms. Garza, only that she is a graduate of the program. But what I would like to share is the article mentioned on our School's website about her partnership boutique. Pretty cool story.... Local Boutique, SHSU Alumna Win Preservation Award

1 comment:

  1. You posted this on my b-day! ANnnnd ... I miss you. You must blog the chain when you wear it, Miss President!!!

    ReplyDelete