4.04.2012

REIGN on me: Jay-Z

Never doubting his work ethic, business plans, or self Jay-Z continues to reign as one of the top moguls. He never disappoints, always innovates. This man constantly proves himself in any endeavor! Even though his plans are unpredictable, I'm never too surprised why he choses to execute them in the first place. As you may remember Hip-hop artists clothing lines was a big business in the early 2000's. Since around 2007, that big business declined and no one has had  quite a comeback. Now Hip-hop artist T.I., recently re-launched Akoo Clothing's mediocre Fashion Show on the hit show T.I. and Tiny:The Family Hustle. Sadly I wasn't impressed. Nothing spoke to me. The message was not clear. That was the perfect way or one of the many to rebrand himself. As for Jay-Z, business first, he took the correct approach by staring in a commercial. I saw it first a couple days ago. My immediate thought "this is a grand slam!" Who would of thought? And who knew? With the market down in Artist apparel, it was only right. In the media, you actually see a lifestyle being sold. That's your selling point! What catches my eye? The most expensive item, how should it be merchandise? I'm sure sells for this year will exceed expectations. All I can say is, he's genius. "Rocawear just keeps reinventing itself and redefining itself every single day.” Jay-Z




No comments:

Post a Comment